Thanks to John Burch for providing copies of these early postcards. They are not dated but from the style of dress, and the aircraft shown, look to be pre-WW1. The Brooklands circuit was built by Hugh Locke-King on his Brooklands estate and opened in 1907. For visitors not familiar with Brooklands, our Section meets in the Members Bar of the famous red-brick Clubhouse. In the foreground of the first picture is the Test Hill, built in 1909 to test the climbing ability and brakes of early motor vehicles. The gradient increases from 1 in 8 at the bottom to 1 in 4.at the top.